Job title: SEO Manager
Reporting to: Head of Search
Salary: Circa, £23,000 depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Exeter (currently remote, due to COVID)
Bigwave media is a fun and growing creative business growth agency with offices in Exeter, Plymouth and Torquay. Driven by our commitment to excellence, we provide a complete range of marketing, design and digital and business growth services.
Our SEO department prides its self on the in-house expertise, the holistic approach it offers to any project, engagement with the client, transparency and risk-free SEO strategies that work.
Now, we’re looking for an SEO Manager to join our passionate team in Exeter.
- Great development opportunities
- Yearly SEO and tech conferences (Brighton SEO is a regular one)
- Pension scheme
- Flexi time policy
- Company laptop and equipment
- Vibrant offices based in a convenient city centre location (when office based)
- Agency shutdown at Christmas
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
In this important role, you will have the chance to make your mark on a growing department. Reporting to the Head of Search, you will take ownership of several client strategies and help deliver and develop successful SEO strategies that will have a positive impact on increasing SERP visibility and website ROI.
As an SEO Manager, you will help to deliver excellent results for our customer’s SEO campaigns.
Reporting to the Head of Search, you will be expected to:
- Have working knowledge of CMS systems like WordPress or Joomla
- Understand On-Page optimisations & ranking factors as well as good copywriting skills to be able to implement changes and tune or craft appropriate content
- Good knowledge of the Google Marketing suite in particular GA and GTM
- Do Competitor & Keyword Research
- Deliver off-page optimisation campaigns on occasion
- Good knowledge of Excel and Power Point.
- Manage unique SEO strategies for a range of customers targeting both Local and National audiences
- Carry out SEO audits for key customers and prospects and deliver technical documentation for on-site recommendations
- Use Google Analytics and other analytical programs to deliver key monthly performance reports
To be considered, you will need:
- A proven SEO experience and a track record of improving SERP results
- To be highly organised and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Up to date on all things SEO
- The drive to go the extra mile to achieve excellent results and take pride in your work
- Experience of using at least one SEO tool (or equivalent): SEMrush, MOZ, RankRanger, SEOprofiler, Ahrefs, MajesticSEO, LinkResearchTool, SEO Powersuite, Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Agency Analytics, RavenTools, etc.
- Experience with project management and time-tracking software
- Knowledge of HTML or a programming language as well as working knowledge of web server technologies would be beneficial (although not essential)
Agency experience or examples of previous work will provide a significant advantage to candidates for this role.
The role is normally office based in our Exeter office, but due to the current pandemic, this is currently fully remote, but, should the situation change you may be required to work on site with the option of part time remote work.
Other companies may call this role SEO Executive, Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, SEO Campaign Executive, Digital Campaign Co-ordinator, SEO Campaign Co-ordinator or SEO Assistant.
Apply for this job
To apply for this position please complete our online application.